To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Sheriff's Office
Job Title: Corrections Officer I
Salary: $13.63 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Saline County after applying.
If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
Corrections Officer I: Advancement Opportunities Available through Corrections Career Tract
This position requires shift work. To ensure that the best candidates are hired for the positions, the selection process is fairly extensive. An applicant may be screened out at any step. Applicant must be able to provide credible courtroom testimony. Applicant must not have any criminal convictions (adult or juvenile) including diversion agreements, expunged convictions or sustained policy violations for any act of dishonesty or racial bias.
The steps are:
- Background investigation and records check.
- An entry-level police/corrections test.
- Board interview.
- An interview with the Sheriff.
- Additional written testing, including psychological screening.
- A physical examination, including a drug screen.
Job duties include:
- Provide correctional duties in the jail facility
- Supervise inmates housed in booking
- Operate video equipment
- Photograph and fingerprint inmates
- Process paperwork and maintain records
- Supervise inmate workers
- Record visitors and monitor visitation
- Perform jail checks and inmate counts
- Perform searches
- Maintain security for all outside security doors
- Monitor cameras and intercoms
- Administer over the counter medications
- Attend required training
- Perform miscellaneous law enforcement duties and testify in court cases.
- Must be 19 1/2 years of age at time of hire.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have good clerical skills.
- No felony or domestic violence convictions including diversions and expungements.
- Serious misdemeanor convictions will be evaluated including diversions and expungements.
For additional questions or a complete job description contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
9/6/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/24/2017 11:59:59 PM