To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Equipment Operator I - North Yard
Salary: $11.85 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday; 8a - 4:30p
Location of work:
10530 E. 37th St. North
Performs general maintenance and repair duties on County infrastructure. Participates in snow/ice removal operations and right of way mowing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair asphalt, gravel and concrete surfaced streets and roads. Install, repair and maintain culverts.
- Perform general maintenance work in grading, patching and otherwise maintaining improved and unimproved roads.
- Applies cold patch or hot mix asphalt to potholes and fills cracks in the surface.
- Operates a wheeled tractor with attachments for mowing and other projects along County right of way.
- Operates a dump truck with plow and spreader to clear roads of snow and ice.
- Performs manual work associated with equipment operations.
- Operate light and medium weight equipment in transporting material and equipment to job sites; assist other crew members in loading and unloading material and equipment.
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of work zone and basic roadway signage.
- Conduct basic preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Cleans maintenance yard vehicles and buildings.
- Performs other related work as directed/required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Kansas Commercial Drives license, class B w/Air brakes and tanker endorsement.
- Light and some heavy construction equipment;
- Power and hand tools.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. minimum without restrictions.
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
9/6/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/27/2017 11:59:59 PM