To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Children's Therapist
Salary: $40145.59 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, with one late evening per week
Location of work:
350 S. Broadway | Wichita, KS
Provide goal-directed, client-centered, medically necessary individual and family therapy to children with Serious Emotional Disturbance and their families in the Family and Children's Community Services Clinic in order to improve the quality of life and ability to function more successfully in the community. Computer documentation of all services in a timely manner is required.
Essential Job Functions:
Service Provision/Therapy & Assessment Services
- Individual therapy using identified and accepted methods to remediate symptoms of mental illness and/or improve emotional and functional well-being.
- Intake/assessment to include history, presenting problems and diagnoses using DSM-V criteria.
- Conduct risk assessments as needed to address safety of clients.
- Initiates outreach to increase engagement.
- Prepare quality treatment plans in collaboration with client and/or guardian, additional treatment team and community partners.
- Facilitate or collaborate in review, updates and progress on goals with Treatment Plan coordinator or other member of the treatment team.
- Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed therapy and client response to treatment within prescribed timelines.
- Complete Notes for Record, Precautions statements and authorizations for release of records releases of information, safety documents and other documentation as required and/or recommended.
- Enters no show and cancellations for accuracy and completeness of medical record.
- Enter AIMS data as needed.
- Completes discharge summary when closing to therapy services.
- Completes court reports or treatment summaries within required timelines as set by the entity.
General Administrative Duties
- Respond to Utilization Review staff feedback forms and make corrections as needed.
- Participate in multidisciplinary or peer team meetings to improve treatment and develop intervention strategies as needed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel to and from program sites in personal transportation.
- Maintain licensure as required by Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board and Department of Family and Children to provide therapy in a Community Mental Health Center.
- Cooperate with credentialing activities related to COMCARE, the CMHCs Association, and/or the BSRB.
- Identify and attend continuing education/training to enhance or expand clinical practice and implement best practices related to the employees’ area of practice within COMCARE.
- Participate in individual supervision.
- Master’s Degree
- Must be licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LMSW, LMFT, LMLP, LCP or LP.
- Possess skills in adequate documentation standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively between agencies as well as with clients and families.
- Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens.
- Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
- KBI & DCF Background Screens
- Driver's License Screen
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
• General office equipment, fax, copier, computer, multi-line phones.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
9/6/2017 12:00:00 AM
10/6/2017 11:59:59 PM