To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Recycling-Laborer
Salary: $10.92 Hourly
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the direct supervision of a Foreman the Laborer performs tasks consistent with manual labor. The tasks of this position require the ability to perform efficiently heavy physical labor which includes bending and lifting; frequently involving extreme weights. Duties often require work to be performed in undesirable physical conditions of extreme cold, heat, and/or dampness. Duties also include use of forklift and operation of machinery.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Willingness and ability to perform routine heavy manual labor.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner and to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must possess valid Kansas driver's license.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offer.
- Resident of Lyon County or surrounding county.
8/31/2017 12:00:00 AM