To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Performance Improvement Manager
Salary: $46477.63 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
271 W. 3rd St. N. | Wichita, KS
Responsible for complex work related to organizational performance improvement, corporate compliance/documentation integrity, organizational risk management, strategic innovation and the coordination and delivery of agency training.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance Improvement Activities
- Serves as clinical expert with regard to testing and implementation of new or enhanced functionality within our electronic health record and represents COMCARE on vendor user groups, as appropriate.
- Takes an active lead in facilitating time-limited quality improvement work groups with a focus on system and/or process improvement. Maintains appropriate documentation of these efforts and prepares information and recommendations for presentation to COMCARE’s Strategy Team and the Quality, Risk Management and Compliance Oversight Committee.
- Facilitates Peer Review activities designed to not only assure compliance with state requirements, but to also trend and identify areas for clinical or system improvement.
- Works with Strategy Team members to identify focus group needs and executes this with the goal of improving the patient experience, quality of services or building workflow efficiencies.
- Collects, analyzes and trends complex data from our Population Health Tool (ProAct) and works with Strategy Team to develop continuous improvement activities around high risk/high cost populations.
- Assists in generating energy around new agency initiatives and helps establish learning events to increase organizational knowledge and buy-in.
- Completes organizational surveys and summarizes findings around safety and culture or other areas identified by Strategy Team members.
- Spends time on a routine basis at all programs to not only determine/identify needs of staff and managers, but to evaluate if work flows are executed as documented. Brings this information back to Strategy Team or Quality, Risk Management and Compliance Oversight Committee to determine if any action is warranted.
- Evaluates opportunity to automate routine tasks. o Assists in creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Conducts an organizational training needs assessment on an annual basis and develops an organizational training plan and schedule of training events around these needs.
- Leads the way by facilitating CPI training and developing the annual training schedule for these personal safety trainings.
- Develops and maintains a central depository of mandatory staff trainings to assure and identify compliance with state and federal requirements and have this information readily accessible for CMHC and credentialing site visits.
- Develops curriculum and executes training as warranted based upon identified need.
- Assists in evaluating course content in Relias and making recommendations to Strategy Team and other managers.
- Develops a plan of routine policy review and updates. Coordination of internal and affiliate quality and integrity documentation review activities
- Assures consistency in training strategy around service definitions and documentation practices across the organization and has an active role in training new supervisors to these standards.
- Works closely with affiliate leadership to assure they are in compliance with all corporate compliance training and documentation requirements.
- Tracks and assures all staff complete required compliance and fraud/waste/abuse training pursuant to our requirements as an approved provider with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Routinely shares a summary of activity with Strategy Team.
- Primary contact for questions and consultation by senior and middle management, provider staff, and affiliates related to compliance, documentation, agency standards, policies, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in COMCARE and Business Partner retrospective clinical record reviews in accordance with agency, state and federal protocols. Oversees coordination and completion of exclusion checks per agency protocol. Generates reports for monthly meetings with Strategy Team which includes information related to number and type of reviews, outcome of reviews (i.e. Trends) and recommendations for corrective action or celebration.
- Initiates the more complex and focused audits and works with leadership to mitigate any identified issues.
- Guides and directs the activities of the Compliance and Performance Improvement Specialist position.
- Serves as a member of the Quality, Risk Management and Compliance Oversight Committee, provides supervision to one direct report, coach for patients participating in Beating the Blues. Cultivate and maintain working relationships internal and external to COMCARE.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology or other Human Service Field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement principles and regulatory compliance as well as an ability to understand and apply applicable state and federal regulations relevant to mental health, substance abuse, HIPAA and corporate compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to form quick and lasting relationships and ability to communicate audit findings in ways that others do not feel criticized.
- Knowledge and experience with collaborative leadership and working within teams, as well as, across and up/down an organization is required.
- 5 years’ experience in a physical or behavioral health setting with supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy.
- Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, SRS child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens.
- Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
- Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry
- Motor vehicle screening
- pre-employment drug screen
- Office based position - located within our Administrative Office
- Occasional in-town travel to our other COMCARE facilities and affiliate/contract provider facilities
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law
9/12/2017 12:00:00 AM
10/12/2017 11:59:59 PM