To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Health Services
Job Title: Mobile Immunization Nurse
Salary: $40145.59 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday – Wednesday – 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM \ Thursday 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM / Friday 08:00 AM – 12:30 PM or 12:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Location of work:
2716 W. Central | Wichita, KS
Perform Immunization and Health Screening services at all clinic locations. Make immunization services more accessible by organizing and attending immunization clinics throughout the community. Provide direct nursing services to all citizens at these locations. CHN II utilizes critical thinking skills and problem solving techniques based on medical judgments. The CHN II will maintain professional expertise and keep confidentiality in all areas of patient contact. Work is performed under the general direction of written medical protocols.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide education and direct nursing care, including immunizations, health screenings and lab specimen collection for patients seeking services from the Division of Health clinic and off-site at mobile locations. Accurately document health and health screening services. Maintain temperature logs, supplies and vaccine inventories. Schedule, coordinate and document mobile clinics, health fairs and other activities for the mobile clinic. Submission of reports and written articles as needed. Maintains and tracks a reminder/recall system for adolescent clients receiving the HPV vaccine series and for adult clients with partner agencies receiving the Hepatitis B series. Initiate, track, coordinate third party billing agreements between the Sedgwick County Division of Health’s Immunization Program and third party payers. Knowledge of and Adherence to Sedgwick County and Division of Health policies and procedures. Respond to a communicable disease outbreak, public health emergency, or disaster situation as directed by supervisor. Utilize PPE as required or suggested by best practices and/or Division of Health policy. Adjust use of PPE depending on the type of situation and the potential for exposure that exists. Complete all items on the new employee checklist, all required trainings including but not limited to Blood Borne Pathogen training, TB screening and ICS 100, 200 and 700 (Incident Command System) training within 30 days of employment. Perform related work as required.
- A graduate from an accredited nursing program, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Possess and maintain a valid, unencumbered, and unrestricted state of Kansas Registered Nursing License. Possess and maintain current BLS (Basic Life Support) for healthcare providers/AED certification. Must obtain or provide proof of vaccination, or laboratory confirmation of immunity, against certain diseases within 10 days of employment.
- Subject to fluctuating volumes of customers seeking services.
- Subject to coming in contact with irate persons.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff.
- Customer service via telephone, e-mail and in person
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Frequent keyboarding
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in normal and inclement weather
- Ability to perform field visits in a variety of settings which may require climbing stairs, stepping over objects, opening and closing gates, and/or traversing uneven or unstable terrain in case of a public health emergency event
- Ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, and values
- Ability to work with children
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, community agencies, partners and the public at large
- Ability to work effectively with irate clients
- Ability and dexterity to draw blood
- Demonstrate flexibility, good judgment and problem solving skills in managing different situations
- Ability to prioritize duties and maintain a quick turn around on assigned projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally, in writing and in other creative ways to overcome communication barriers
- Ability to use computer software to communicate, track inventory, write reports and create presentations
- Ability to document data from a client visit in an electronic medical software program
- Ability to alternate between working independently in a remote setting as well as with a team in a clinic setting
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft office programs Excel, Word and Outlook
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the work place
- All Division of Health positions require a valid Kansas driver’s license and proof of current liability insurance
- Background & DMV checks
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Standard Office Equipment
- Subject to the hazard of contact with communicable diseases
- Community settings conducive to a temporary clinical environment set up
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law
9/12/2017 12:00:00 AM
10/12/2017 11:59:59 PM