To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Instructional Technologies & Academic Support
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Salary: $47900.00 Annually
Develop program and course level curricula for the traditional face to face environment as well as the online/hybrid instructional environment. Responsibilities will include developing, revising and maintaining instructional models and content, and quality assurance in assigned courses and programs. In addition, working closely with faculty in course design, pedagogy instructional technologies will be a major part of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Instructional Design tasks:
- Collaborates with faculty and other SME’s to design/improve the online, hybrid and face to face curricula with a focus on assigned program area.
- Creates, in collaboration with faculty, instructional design models which facilitate the delivery of course content using various types of instructional technologies including Blackboard Learn and mobile devices
- Collaborates with SME’s and WATC personnel in the development of new program areas as assigned.
- Performs Instructional Quality Assurance tasks:
- Reviews, updates and implements quality assurance plans for online/hybrid environment. courses. A successful plan will contribute to an increase in online student retention.
- Assessment and evaluation of instructional content.
- Performs Instructional Technology tasks:
- Facilitates the integration of instructional software into WATC course content.
- Provides support for faculty/staff/students using the LMS.
- Trains faculty/staff/students on LMS functionality.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a relative field, such as: training development, curriculum, adult education, or on clearly related.
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related field required with Master’s preferred.
- Quality Matters certified, or willing to become certified within two years in the position.
- Knowledge of traditional face to face and online/hybrid instructional environments.
- Previous teaching/training experience, required.
- Ability to work with subject matter experts to develop curriculum related to programs in development
- Experience with instructional design, instructional technologies and adult learning principles.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population
- Experience with creating and/or editing pdf documents preferred.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office elements
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities on an annual basis to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of the College. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate departmental needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting will be required. Extensive data entry/typing required. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
9/13/2017 12:00:00 AM