To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Part Time Technical Specialist & Auditorium Assistant
Salary: $13.10 Hourly
Position Title: Part Time Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting with all Ottawa Memorial Auditorium production and events; which includes providing sound and lighting assistance for any group, artist or organization renting the OMA for a performance. This position will also assist the Ottawa Memorial Auditorium Director in day to day operations of the auditorium. Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant is expected to provide exceptional customer service and community relations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 6 - $13.10 to $17.69
Date Opened: September 19, 2017
Date Closed: October 22, 2017
Hours: 30 Hours per Week - Work will require varying hours for event production, including significant night and weekend hours.
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received information within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The City of Ottawa is a nationally recognized Playful City USA community.
Job Title Part Time Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant
Reports To Auditorium Director
FLSA Status Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
Salary Grade 6
Retirement KPERS eligible
Last Update September 2017
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
This position is responsible for assisting with all Ottawa Memorial Auditorium production and events; which includes providing sound and lighting assistance for any group, artist or organization renting the OMA for a performance. This position will also assist the Ottawa Memorial Auditorium Director in day to day operations of the auditorium. Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant is expected to provide exceptional customer service and community relations.
Essential Job Functions
· Works with artists and renters to coordinate technical requirements and assists in the supervision of professional stagehands and production staff for event set ups, load-ins and outs.
· Attend and participate in technical rehearsals and performances.
- Design lighting effects and set lighting cues.
- Assists in organizing all sound equipment.
- Maintains and repairs technical auditorium equipment and production equipment.
- Makes recommendations for new and replacement technical equipment.
- Assists OMA Director in administrative duties such as: marketing; ticket sales; rentals; concessions; event housekeeping; answering the phone and greeting the public.
- Ensure compliance with all City ordinances and policies.
- Assist other departments and perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
· Light and/or sound design/operations experience required.
· Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those commonly associated with this position.
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Technical knowledge of theater and/or performance operations and service.
- Knowledge of the principles of sound design, operation of sound board and equipment.
- Understanding of principles of lighting design, operation of computer light board equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, crews, staff, patrons, business and the public.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make decisions.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety rules and practices pertaining to backstage theatre work.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- May occasionally be required to lift heavy monitors, pull cables, move tables and chairs, vacuum and bend.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement and manual dexterity.
- Must have clarity of vision, three-dimensional vision, and precise hand-eye coordination.
- Requires ability to lift and carry weight up to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to climb stairs and ladders.
9/19/2017 12:00:00 AM
10/22/2017 11:59:59 PM