To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Geary County
Division: SHERIFF DEPARTMENT
Job Title: KITCHEN HELPER - IST
Salary: $11.89 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Kitchen Helper - IST Please apply at www.HRePartners.com
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 11 - $11.89/hr.
Reports To: Food Service Manager
Department: Sheriff Date: September, 2017
The job duties of the Kitchen Helper - IST include but are not limited to food preparation, kitchen clean-up, and general food service duties at the Geary County Jail; to adhere to regulations and standards for food preparation as well as safety and sanitation requirements; to adhere to all federal, state, and local laws; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Kitchen Helper - IST might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Kitchen Helper - IST. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Prepare cold food and hot food according to standards and procedures.
- Wash dishes, pots, and pans.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen area.
- Use disinfectants and cleaning agents.
- Store food supplies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must pass background check
- A valid Kansas driver’s license required.
- Must reside within a 30 mile radius of worksite within 90 days of employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the use of chemical cleaning solvents.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the inmates.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local ordinances, procedure manuals, MSDS sheets, safety manuals; and warning labels.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate large quantity kitchen equipment safely.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to develop, interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, MSDS sheets, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, etc; and warning labels.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 50 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works in an indoor setting.
- Working hours are 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
- Work schedule will include some weekend days and holidays.
Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
9/20/2017 12:00:00 AM