To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Lansing
Job Title: Police Officer
Salary: $18.67 Hourly
Position: Police Officer
Salary: $18.67 to $22.86 per hour D.O.Q.
Closing Date: October 23, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The city of Lansing is currently seeking a candidate to enforce city & state laws, conduct investigations, & assist citizens. Requires good communication skills & passing of various law enforcement tests. Apply online at www.hrepartners.com or www.lansing.ks.us. Compensation DOQ. Full-time position with excellent benefit package. Retirement benefits through the Kansas Public Employer’s Retirement system (KP&F). Electronic applications only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
After the initial submission of an application, applicants will receive additional documentation and instructions via email.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Possess and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license
- Have a clean driving record
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Reside within a thirty-mile radius of City
- No criminal record or Brady-Giglio material/issues in background
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Kansas Commission on Police Officer Standards and Training (KS-CPOST) certification
Potential candidate(s) must:
- Submit a completed application no later than 4:00 pm, Monday, October 23, 2017
- Contact the police department (913-727-3000) to schedule and attend an appointment for application review no later than 4:00 pm, Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Submit any other requested documentation no later than 4:00 pm, Friday, October 27, 2017
Dates are set and no alternative dates will be offered
Selected candidate(s) must:
- Pass a physical agility test & written exam to be administered on Sunday, October 29, 2017, starting at 7:00 am until completed.
- Pass an extensive background check
- Be interviewed by oral interview board
- Be interviewed by the Chief of Police
Final candidate(s) must submit to:
- A psychological evaluation
- Physical/Health screening
- Drug & Alcohol screening
- Functional capacity test
9/25/2017 12:00:00 AM
10/23/2017 11:59:59 PM