To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: PT Billing/QA Clerk
Salary: $12.50 Hourly
Usual working days/hours:
Mon-Fri up to 20 hours per week
Location of work:
EMS Administration Office-1015 Stillwell Wichita kS
The Billing and Quality Assurance clerk ensures patient care billing reports are accurate and is responsible for resolving discrepancies. This position requires a high degree of detail oriented work with a critical focus on the accuracy of work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews electronic patient care reports for demographic information, forms and signatures. In that review, identify areas that are incomplete or inaccurate and facilitate getting that information from internal and/or external resources.
- Verifies applicable forms and signatures are attached to electronic patient care report as required for billing.
- Ensure rates charged match documentation for services provided.
- Follow up with crews &/or facilities to obtain any required information that is not documented on patient care report.
- Provide feedback regarding areas where improvement is needed.
- This position will also serve as back up for the Administrative Assistant position to answer phone, mail and greet walk in customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Medical billing or insurance experience preferred.
- Required Job Competencies:
- Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information. Shares relevant information and keeps others informed.
- Organization: Organizes work and sets priorities; determines necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise.
- Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
KBI background check. Must not be now or have been in the past prohibited from doing business with Medicare.
Computer, fax/copier/scan, various office machines, VOIP phone system, various MS Office software, medical record system, manual filing system.
Primary environment will be an office setting. May have limited outdoor exposure as required.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
10/2/2017 12:00:00 AM
11/2/2017 11:59:59 PM