To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: Software Developer
Salary: $0 Annually
Salary Range for this position is $45,000 to $55,000 DOQ
The Software Developer position is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation & management of critical College information systems and reporting of college data to internal and external constituents. Primary responsibilities include management of client-server applications, software development, data gathering, constructing reports and uploading data to constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administration of server and desktop computer software as required to provide access to systems and applications used by the College.
- Assumes software developer duties administering/coordinating Banner modules
- Manages real-time and batches data integration between ERP system components
- Provides reporting on system usage and performance
- Administers web-based applications, including the application of patches and upgrades
- Ensures system security and data integrity
- Analyzes and responds to support requests from students, faculty and staff.
- Actively participates in the IT Services team meetings, accepting new projects, informing the team of critical issues and providing status reports on existing projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience with educational information systems is preferred
- Experience managing Microsoft SQL or Oracle relational databases and the ability to manipulate data for reporting, data analysis and exporting required
- Experience in creating and maintaining procedural, functional & object-oriented programming required
- Experience managing Windows and Linux-based servers and applications preferred
- Experience with Apache or Tomcat or Weblogic or IIS administration preferred
- Experience with CRM Software to include Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, and/or open source CRM platforms a plus
- Experience with .NET Framework using Visual Basic and/or C# preferred
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population
- Excellent organization and customer service skills
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of the College. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate departmental needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting will be required. Extensive data entry/typing required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
10/1/2017 12:00:00 AM