To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Andover Public Schools
Job Title: Comptroller
Salary: $0 Hourly
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE DISTRICT'S EMPLOYMENT PORTAL TO BE CONSIDERED.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://andover.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3732
Purpose: To assist the Business Manager in the efficient operation and management of the district’s business affairs. Management level position responsible for supervising the quality of accounting and financial reporting of the district.
- Masters degree preferred bachelors degree required with emphasis in accounting or equivalent experience in a school business office.
- Accounting background and experience
- Willingness to attend school related workshops as requested
- Demonstrates ability to work with other employees
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Pass physical examination
Supervisor: Business Manager
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Assist in the execution of the enacted published budget, preparation of internal budget reports
- Prepare and file State Reports as assigned.
- Manage financial responsibilities of Federal Grants
- Perform the duties assigned as a KPERS authorized signer
- Assist the Business Manager in all operational aspects of the Business Office such as accounts payable, payroll, inventory, records retention, copy center, mail room, and food service accounting
- Manage all bank, procurement card, fuel card and charge accounts
- Perform monthly reconciliation of district bank accounts
- Oversee the issuance of 1099s
- Audit building activity and petty cash accounts
- Assist with all audits of all accounts and records annually by an independent, certified public accounting firm and state and federal auditors.
- Arrange, manage and direct all internal audits
- Manage the online payment system and online banking
- Prepare and maintain all financial reports on bond projects and budgets including financial data required for arbitrage and the district’s bond financial advisor
- Serve on appropriate committees such as benefits, property insurance, budget and growth committees as needed
- Process monthlysales tax filingfor all district buildings
- Perform bid openings in accordance with state guidelines
- Train and supportbuilding and departmental staff when appropriate
- Keep abreast of changing procedures, federal and state requirements and laws by attending informational seminars
- Attend staff meetings, board meetings and committee meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
10/5/2017 12:00:00 AM