To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Department of Public Services
Job Title: Team Supervisor - QMHP | Children's Services
Salary: $40145.59 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
350 S. Broadway | Wichita, KS
Oversee the day-to-day activities of an assigned group of case managers, who work primarily in the community in the Sedgwick County area. Provide clinical supervision to staff. Conduct intake assessments and provide direct clinical services to SED youth as requested. Provide case management services for severely emotionally disturbed children and their families, as needed in the absence of an assigned case manager. Participate in program planning, development and operation. Participate in the hiring process and train new staff.
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct intake assessments for clients referred for community based services as needed. • Complete clinical eligibility assessments for clients applying for SED waiver coverage. • Complete annual level of care assessments for SED waiver clients, ensuring continued clinical eligibility. • Provide clinical consultation and risk assessments as needed for clients in the case management program. • Review and approve: timesheets, planned employee absence requests, employee mileage reimbursement forms, cell phone statements, and flex fund reimbursement requests for goal directed work completed with individual clients. • Provide oversight to ensure that all documents required by supervisees are completed within the allotted periods. • Participate in the screening, hiring, and orientation of new staff members. • Ensure all staff members are trained on performance expectations and documentation standards, as well as, administrative duties, and Sedgwick County/COMCARE policies and procedures. • Complete interim reviews and annual performance evaluations for assigned staff members and submit to COMCARE human resources staff on time. Coach staff and monitor performance improvement plans. • Meet with assigned staff for regularly scheduled, individual supervision and field based supervision, providing clinical oversight to the clients on the case manager’s caseloads. • Investigate and mediate client and/or employee complaints. • Plan and participate in team meetings to review case activity, engage in team problem solving, and provide administrative direction through the dissemination of information and interpretation of company policy. • Build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers. • Other duties as assigned.
• Must be an individual who meets the criteria for an approved mental health service provider (QMHP). • Possess demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work with persons with severe and persistent mental illness and/or severe emotional disturbance, and the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations. • Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry and motor vehicle screens. • Must complete basic case manager training; intermediate case manager training and case management for supervisors within first 6 months of employment, may require overnight stay. • Previous supervisory experience preferred. • Must have a valid Kansas Driver s license and current proof of automobile insurance.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry. • Driver's License Check • Pre-Employment Drug Screen
• Computer with Microsoft Office software, electronic medical record software • Standard office machines • Cell phone • Basic office equipment
• Environment will consist of office based, community meetings, site visits which will include travel.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
10/19/2017 12:00:00 AM
1/8/2018 11:59:59 PM