To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Center for Early Childhood Education
Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Emporia State University is seeking an Early Childhood Teacher to join the Center for Early Childhood Education (CECE). The teacher will be part of an all-new team, carefully selected to advance the center’s mission of providing a safe and nurturing environment that encourages children’s natural growth and development.
The teacher is a full-time, year-round position that is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, paid time off, and tuition assistance.
Under the leadership of our new Director, the teacher plays a critical role in maintaining a healthy, safe, and educational setting for the children in the center. Specific duties include:
- Develop lesson plans and facilitate developmentally appropriate play-based activities
- Present child-directed, hands-on learning experiences in the areas of math, science, language, music, social skills, and motor skills
- Maintain a warm and nurturing classroom environment consistent with the program philosophy
- Provide parents and families with updates about the class and child through newsletters and in-person at student drop-off and pickup
- Supervise and evaluate assistant teachers
- Follow KDHE licensing regulations to maintain a safe and healthy environment
Applicants should have a genuine interest in teaching and caring for young children. Additionally, the following are required:
- Previous experience working in an early childhood setting
- A bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, OR an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience
Preference will be given to applicants who have or can obtain a state licensure in ECU Birth to Kindergarten, ECU Birth through age eight, or K-6.
Complete the HRePartners application process, or send a letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts, teaching license (if applicable), and contact information for three current references by email to email@example.com, or by mail to:
Center for Early Childhood Education
Emporia State University, Campus Box 4042
1 Kellogg Circle
Emporia, KS 66801
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate must pass a KBI background check and health assessments prior to employment. For more information, call (620) 341-5290, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Early Childhood Education is a childcare facility focused on providing social, emotional, and cognitive development through play-based educational experiences in a safe, nurturing environment. The center currently provides educational programming to approximately 60 children during the academic year (age 1-6), and an additional 24 children (up to age 12) for the Summer School Age Program. Through its affiliation with The Teachers College, CECE also serves as a resource for university students and faculty for observation, class projects, field experiences, and research.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
10/23/2017 12:00:00 AM
11/23/2017 11:59:59 PM