To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Customer Service Representative | Division of Health
Salary: $13.135 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday – Wednesday 8-5:30, Thursday 9:30-7, and Friday 8-12:30 or 12:30-5
Location of work:
2716 W. Central | Wichita, KS
Performs customer service and advanced clerical work in fiscal operations. Processes client data and ensures client confidentiality at all times. Performs a wide variety of complex fiscal processes to account for County records and funds. Ensures fiscal processes are in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide direct patient interactions (ex. in person - check-in/out and over the phone) • Data entry. Perform accurate and timely data entry into KIPHS, EMR, and PHClinic and assures accuracy of encounters and procedure codes • Receives payments from patients and the general public regarding the Division of Health’s services, posts payments and verifies receipt. Researches client payment history • Assists clients in person and over the telephone by researching and providing information and assistance regarding payments, billing, County records, insurance information • As a requirement of this position, in some instances, it may be necessary for bilingual staff to interpret or provide written translation for the Sedgwick County Division of Health • Obtains information to determine special program eligibility and sliding fee discounts as applicable • Employees who are required to wear respirators in Emergency Situations for emergency response will be enrolled in the program and have annual fittings • Complete ICS 100 and 700 (Incident Command System) training within 30 days of employment with results provided to designated Public Health Emergency Management Staff • Performs other related work as required • Proof of vaccination against certain diseases within 10 days of employment • Participate in the TB screening program that includes baseline screening for M. Tuberculosis infection within 10 days of employment • Participate in the Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan that includes training, proof of Hepatitis B immunity or vaccine, or vaccine taken within 10 days of employment • Maintain an understanding of Quality Improvement principles and tools, identify and fulfill QI projects, apply QI principles to daily work, and contribute to developing a culture of quality improvement
• High school diploma or equivalent, including or supplemented by course work in bookkeeping, accounting, or related fiscal work. • One-year experience in fiscal work, billing and/or customer service environment preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. • Bilingual in English and either Spanish or Vietnamese preferred • Pre-hire language skills testing may be required for bilingual applicants. • Knowledge of applicable bookkeeping principles and practices • Skilled in keyboarding, calculator, IP phone system, Windows and window-based programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, intranet, and other office equipment not listed above • Knowledge of office procedures, methods and equipment • Knowledge of Division of Health programs and eligibility or ability to learn such knowledge • Typing at a minimum of 30 WPM, Ten Key and Data Entry • Ability to maintain accuracy of detail in posting, balancing and summarizing • Ability to follow complex oral and/or written instructions • Ability to perform clerical accounting work and to prepare statements from records maintained • Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, representatives of other organizations and the public • Ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, different cultures, lifestyles and languages • An Employee shall not pose a direct threat to the Health and Safety of other individuals in the work place • All Division of Health positions require valid Driver’s License and proof of Liability insurance
• Background and DMV checks • Pre-employment drug screen
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds • Long hours looking at computer monitor • Keyboarding throughout the day • Ability to operate a motor vehicle
• Clinic environment • Occasional community setting conducive for a temporary clinical environment setup.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
10/24/2017 12:00:00 AM
1/26/2018 11:59:59 PM