To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Derby
Job Title: Part-time Records Clerk
Salary: $14.57 Hourly
70% Responsible for data entry and retrieval.
- Enter police reports, citations, criminal complaints, notices to appear, pawn tickets, mug photos, store reports, bicycle registrations, Field Interview cards, and other related paperwork into the computer.
- Serve as primary contact point for citizens, law enforcement agencies and courts for criminal reports, traffic accident reports, and other department documents.
- Retrieve and route daily U.S. mail and inter-city mail.
- Compile and report criminal history information, offense reports and fingerprints to the KBI.
- Maintain inventory of state report forms.
- Receive, filling and maintaining orders of discovery, expungement and other court orders.
- Provide notary services.
- Compile and send Assault LEO report, the Zero report, and the Homicide report as needed monthly to KBI.
- Maintain inventory records sent to salt mine storage facility.
- Maintain database of active warrants and notices to appear.
- Transcribe information from audio tape and/or digital dictation equipment for reports from detectives and officers.
- Create and maintain accurate files for the storage and retrieval of police records, including logs and other records.
- Maintain records management system.
- Route paperwork and police records to the appropriate files, personnel, or agencies.
- Compile and record statistical data.
- Aide in the compliance with Kansas Open Records Act.
- Fulfill requests from citizens for police reports subject to KORA.
- Collect appropriate fees for records dissemination.
- Process requests for record checks and routing information to authorized personnel or agency.
- Maintain inventory of state forms for police records.
- Provide appropriate reports and files to the City Prosecutor for prosecution of Municipal Court cases.
- Perform computer imaging of case files and other related paperwork.
- Ensure orders for expunging records are properly completed for restricted access.
- Copy police reports, citations, criminal complaints, notices to appear, and other related paperwork.
- Assist supervisors in maintaining accuracy and completeness of reporting data.
- Assist supervisors with interpretation and clarification of Kansas Incident Based Reporting System guidelines.
30% Responsible for non-emergency radio communications.
- Serve as contact point for citizens needing general information, gun locks, bike helmets, alcohol test strips, vacation home requests, and bicycle registrations.
- Serve as contact point for residents claiming impounded vehicles/animals/property and citizens needing keys to various USD 260 facilities.
- Answer requests for information received by radio, telephone, teletype, and computer systems and determining appropriate sources to access and/or action to be taken.
- Answer administrative lines and after-hours calls for Public Works.
- Facilitate information between field units and other agencies such as utility companies, business owners, outside law enforcement, and others.
- Enter wanted persons, missing persons and stolen property into the NCIC system.
- Verify, send and receive information to NCIC, ASTRA, Kansas MVD, NLETS, and other outside agencies electronically.
- Validate NCIC entries from Derby PD each month.
- Obtain criminal history data on subjects in custody.
- Maintain and monitor log of arrestees booked into the Sedgwick County jail.
- Monitor security/alarm system for various City facilities.
- Maintain list of found/missing/impounded animals, impounded vehicle file and serving as contact point for store reports.
(Continually looks for new and improved ways of completing the above functions. Other tasks as assigned will be performed in order to address business needs.)
Roles: This position requires the ability to work independently, work well with others, and perform in a team environment on a daily basis. The ability to act in a quick, efficient, calm, and accurate manner in receiving calls is essential. Negotiation, persuasion, tact, and diplomacy are essential for effectively performing tasks
Latitude: Most duties are defined and consistent from day to day. Problem-solving and decision-making involving the handling of citizen complaints and inquiries under crisis situations is accomplished independently most of the time. Extreme situations are accomplished in conjunction with supervisor.
Interaction: Continual in-person and phone contact with the general public. Frequent interaction with employees throughout the organization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Some college, preferred.
- One year clerical or secretarial experience, required.
- One year experience in Police Records, preferred.
- One year experience dispatching emergency services (fire, police, EMS), preferred.
- Ability to operate a typewriter, teletype, tape recording equipment, and other office-related equipment.
- Ability to learn to operate a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) computer.
- Ability to learn, applicable Federal Communication Commission rules and regulations.
- Ability to access, input, process, and retrieve information from the computer.
- Ability to learn, within a reasonable period of time, proper techniques for operating radio transmitting and receiving equipment and law enforcement related computer systems.
- Ability to receive and repeat information accurately and quickly.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly using the English language.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Valid Kansas driver’s license and driving record must meet commercial liability insurance requirements or Kansas identification card.
- Must acquire National Crime Information Computer (NCIC) full access certification within 12 months of employment.
Work Environment: Office environment. Must be able to work all shifts any day of the week. Seldom (5%) carrying, lifting, moving, or pushing of 30 pounds. Occasional bending, squatting, and twisting. Frequent use of manual dexterity and visualization of a computer screen throughout the day.
10/27/2017 12:00:00 AM