To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Lansing
Job Title: Community & Economic Development Director
Salary: $29.29 Hourly
Department: Community & Economic Development
Position: Community & Economic Development Director
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Salary: $29.29 to $36.62 per hour D.O.Q.
Closing Date: Open until filled
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The city of Lansing, Kansas, is accepting applications for the position of Community & Economic Development Director. Lansing is a growing community uniquely located on the Missouri River in Leavenworth County. It is 25 minutes from Kansas City International Airport and 15 minutes north of the Kansas Speedway. Lansing has a small town atmosphere with big city accessibility. This position serves as the director of the department and as the main point-of-contact for businesses seeking to locate or expand and works to attract new businesses. Responsibilities of the director include serving as the city planner and primary liaison to the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals, overseeing event planning for certain City events, building permitting, plan review, inspections, trade licensing, enforcement of property maintenance codes, and health and zoning codes. Duties also include managing public information, implementing public information tools, and oversight of all citywide information technology.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Residency within the city limits of Lansing. If candidate is not already a resident they shall have a period of six (6) months after completion of a one (1) year probationary period to establish residence within the City.
Required Education and Experience:
- One to five years related experience and or training and a master’s degree from a college or university and one to five years of experience; or Bachelor’s degree from a college or university and three to five years related experience and/or training.
- Degree in business, marketing, communications, public administration or related field.
- Experience in local government with at least three years of progressively responsible supervisory or managerial experience.
- Administrative and public relations experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Six to ten years or more related experience and or training and a master’s degree from a college or university; or Bachelor’s degree from a college or university and eight to twelve years related experience and/or training.
- Certification with the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred.
Apply online at www.hrepartners.com. Compensation DOQ. Full-time position with retirement benefits through the Kansas Public Employer’s Retirement system. Electronic applications only. Equal Opportunity Employer
10/30/2017 12:00:00 AM