To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Campus Safety Officer
To provide and maintain a safe environment by enforcing college rules and regulations, patrolling campus, checking residence halls and other buildings, and maintaining safe parking conditions. May include weekends, evenings and holiday shifts. Must be 21 years of age. Psychological testing and background check required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrols campus, providing security to all individuals on college property; checks and maintains security to all buildings and grounds.
- Provides security services (unlocking cars, starting stalled vehicles, emergency weather notification, unlocking/locking doors to buildings, etc.)
- Investigates college criminal or traffic complaints/concerns. Deals with parking concerns and enforcement.
- Assists Garden City PD with investigations.
- Monitors facilities and reports any problems to Facilities for repair.
- Monitors students working security during assigned shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To ensure by visual presence, reduce criminal activity on campus, at student housing, and during college events.
- To provide requested security services.
- To understand the responsibilities of being role models to students on the campus.
Six months to two years of similar or related experience. Certified law enforcement experience preferred.
A high school education or GED, some college preferred.
Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (students, visitors or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Experience in security or related field is required. Computer skills are necessary (Microsoft Office products desired). Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Some weekends/holidays. Working special events is required, as is working any shift needed.
The position generally requires light work with occasional lifting of 30 pounds or more, carrying equipment, varying amounts of sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing and walking. Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus is necessary.
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office; however, there is occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Compliance and Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
11/16/2017 12:00:00 AM