To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Early Childhood Specialist | Children's Services
Salary: $15.13 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with some early evening hours
Location of work:
350 S. Broadway | Wichita, KS and other Community locations
Provide goal-directed, client-centered, medically necessary services and support to Early Childhood clients with Serious Emotional Disturbance and their families in order to improve the quality of life and ability to function more successfully in the community. Computer documentation of all services in a timely manner is required.
Essential Job Functions:
Service Provision Case Management Services:
• Case management using identified and accepted methods to remediate symptoms of mental illness and/or improve emotional and functional well-being
• Conduct risk assessments as needed to address safety of clients
• Prepare Treatment Plan including client and family participation
• Collaborate in review, updates and progress on goals with Treatment Plan coordinator or other member of the treatment team
• Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed treatment and client response to treatment within prescribed timelines
• Complete Notes for Record, Precautions statements and authorizations for release of records as required and/or recommended.
• Enters no show and cancellations for accuracy and completeness of medical record.
General Administrative Duties:
• Respond to Utilization Review staff feedback forms and make corrections as needed
• Participate in multidisciplinary or peer team meetings to improve treatment and develop intervention strategies as needed
• Enter AIMS data as needed
• Completes court reports or treatment summaries within required timelines as set by the entity requesting these documents
• Attend staff meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Travel to and from sites in personal transportation
• Identify and attend continuing education/training to enhance or expand practice and implement best practices related to the employee’s area of practice within COMCARE
• Participate in individual supervision
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or be equivalently qualified by work experience or a combination of work experience in the human services field and education, with one year of experience substituting for one year of education. • One year experience in Case Management preferred.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry • Motor vehicle screens • Urine drug screen.
• Basic computer knowledge • Basic office equipment • Must have reliable transportation
• Work is primarily located in the community and at the therapeutic early childhood program with duties also carried out in an office setting. • Employee will also work with identified consumers in other community locations such as family homes and occasional field trips.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
11/14/2017 12:00:00 AM
12/14/2017 11:59:59 PM