To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Communication and Theatre
Job Title: Administrative Specialist
Salary: $14.59 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Emporia State University after applying.
Emporia State University currently has an Administrative Specialist vacancy with our Communications and Theatre team located in Emporia, KS.
If you . . .
- Have the ability to organize and attend to the details
- Work effectively with a diverse population of people, including building and maintaining positive work relationships
- Are recognized for your ability to follow-through on tasks requiring focus while also effectively addressing frequent, unrelated questions and requests
. . . then find your career at Emporia State University.
As an Administrative Specialist you will:
- Manage the day to day office activities of the department
- Oversee budget, fiscal and personnel transactions for the department
- Work with students and maintain student and class data.
The Administrative Specialist:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Earns $14.59 per hour
- Is benefits eligible for a comprehensive benefits package
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years administrative support in a high volume office
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office
Minimum Qualifications Required:
To meet the minimum requirements for this position, you must have:
- A high school diploma
- At least four (4) years of office experience
- Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by ESU
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as an Administrative Specialist:
- Submit your application through www.HRePartners.com
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, please provide a copy of your DD214 to Emporia State University Human Resources Office, 1 Kellogg Circle, Box 4044, Emporia, KS 66801.
- Apply by the deadline: November 27, 2017.
Background check required. For more information about the application process, click here. We regretfully inform you that applications missing any of the above items or deadlines may be regarded as incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Emporia State University values and welcomes the benefits of diversity, and pledges to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public that we expect and demand the worth and dignity of all people be recognized without regard to any classification that might preclude a person from consideration as an individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Emporia State University is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which students, faculty, staff, and guests can work together free from all forms of harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. The University regards inappropriate behavior, unfair treatment or harassment of any individual to be inconsistent with its goals of providing an atmosphere in which students, faculty, staff and administrators may safely learn, work, and live. For more information, we encourage you to access our Annual Security Report for Emporia State University online at http://www.emporia.edu/right2know/documents/ESU_Annual_Security_Report.pdf.
In accordance with the Higher Education Re-authorization Act, Emporia State University provides information to all students and potential employees regarding its Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention programs. The content within the site includes information on prevention and support resources, health risks, university policy, city, state, and federal ordinances and laws, and legal sanctions. This information is available on the web at: http://www.emporia.edu/finaid/consumer-information.html.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.
Recruitment Contact Information
Post: Human Resources, Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4044
Emporia, KS 66801
11/14/2017 12:00:00 AM
11/27/2017 11:59:59 PM