To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Kingman
Division: Electric Department
Job Title: Electric Utility Superintendent - City of Kingman
Salary: $0 Monthly
Electric Utility Superintendent – City of Kingman, Kansas
Successful candidates should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Prepare budgets for both the production and distribution sides of the utility.
- Prepare and submit required state and federal documents for the utility. These documents include KDHE and EPA submissions on a monthly, semiannual, and annual basis, including the annual emissions inventory.
- Able to renew on a 5-year basis the utility’s Class I operating permit and SPCC plan while ensuring compliance of same.
- Ensures compliance with the NESHAP ZZZ RICE standards, including the emergency engine standard and data logging records.
- Interface with KDHE representatives on inspections and review all records with same.
- Obtain opacity certificate to comply with Class I permit.
- Have the ability to hedge fuel futures and nominate monthly gas transport volume.
- Review monthly production report and calculate ECA
- Track all radio licenses and renew or modify each as required.
- Design and maintain wired and wireless networks at numerous locations.
- Evaluate repairs and improvements needed on both the production and distribution sides and set priority for spending.
- Perform power quality studies.
- Maintain the AMI system on a daily basis and facilitate improvements or expansion.
- Provide technical support to other departments.
- Read demand and bi-directional meters on a monthly basis.
- Set parameters for annual KPP capacity/operational testing verify and submit results for monthly capacity payment from KPP
Successful candidates should also have some background in the following: management; power production and distribution with emphasis on dual fuel reciprocating engines; electrical theory; environmental regulation; and Microsoft Office (or similar) with the ability to design spreadsheets and databases.
The City of Kingman is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant/employee with a disability as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act may request an accommodation to perform the functions of this position. Residency is required for this position. The City provides a competitive benefits package, including fully paid family insurance plans. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be taken until position is filled. For more information, please contact Greg Graffman, Interim City Manager, at 620.532.3111.
11/15/2017 12:00:00 AM