To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: IT/Banner Team
Job Title: Part-Time Software Assistant (WSU/WATC Internship)
Salary: $8.00 Hourly
The Software Development Assistant will assist software developers in the development and troubleshooting of software applications and database queries. The primary work location will be at NCAT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to WATC Software Developers
- Assist Software Developers with software application projects
- Assist Software Developers with database queries
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- A WATC or WSU student in good standing
- Flexibility to work at all WATC campuses, required..
- Ability to understand programming concepts and troubleshoot problematic software applications
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Willingness to continually work on expanding personal skill set(s) to adapt to the changing needs of the division and student, required.
- Proficient use and knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint and Blackboard, preferred.
- Professional-level communication skills: including excellent written and oral communication, excellent interpersonal, and the ability to communicate effectively with others to arrive at solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- This position in the IT department serves a customer focused service center. Employee schedules are adapted on a student and college needs basis.
Job attendance is required to meet the needs of the College. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate departmental needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting will be required. Extensive data entry/typing required. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties
11/17/2017 12:00:00 AM