To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Children's PT Psychosocial Rehabilitation Worker | Children's Services
Salary: $9.19 Hourly
Usual working days/hours:
Varied Schedule M-F between 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, up to 19 hours per week
Location of work:
350 S. Broadway & Community Locations | Wichita, KS
Provide goal-directed, client-centered, medically necessary services and support to children with Serious Emotional Disturbance and their families in order to improve the quality of life and ability to function more successfully in the community. Computer documentation of all services in a timely manner is required.
Essential Job Functions:
Service Provision Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services:
• Facilitates Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PR) services (individual and group). Services are self-contained, goal-directed and designed to assist consumers in minimizing or resolving the effects of mental and emotional impairments. Objectives of the activities shall be designed to: assist individuals with daily problem solving; improve social skills; provide leisure time training; promote health and enhance personal relationships.
• Provides mental health Attendant Care (AC), one-to-one support or supervision with the goal of maintaining the client in natural community locations, such as at home, in school or in the community. Direct support and supervision in activities of daily living or to support the client and/or the family in maintaining daily routines critical to a stable lifestyle.
• Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed treatment and client response to treatment within prescribed timelines. • Complete Notes for Record, Precautions statements and authorizations for release of records as required and/or recommended. • Enters no show and cancellations for accuracy and completeness of medical record. • Drive personal vehicle and/or occasionally drive a county owned vehicle for business purposes (ex. Transport clients to POM program), as required; documenting and reporting mileage according to agency procedures, so that services can be provided in a timely manner; comply with agency vehicle policy at all times. • Assist with coordinating and implementing curriculum into PRG. • Attend staff meetings. • Identify and attend continuing education/training to enhance or expand practice and implement best practices related to the employee's area of practice within COMCARE. • Participate in individual supervision.
• Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent. • Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy. Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens. Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE. • Must possess demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work with children with severe emotional disturbance and the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations. • Demonstrated ability to work with preschool age youth and their families and knowledge of their unique needs.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF child and adult abuse registry • Motor vehicle screening • Pre-employment drug screen
• PC, Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, e-mail, and general office equipment (copier, fax machine)
• Work is primarily located in the office at the Proud of Me therapeutic program with duties also carried out in the community. • Employee may also have occasion to work with identified consumers in other community locations such as family homes and occasional field trips.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
11/21/2017 12:00:00 AM
12/21/2017 11:59:59 PM