To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Case Manager II | Children's Services
Salary: $14.40 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with some early evening hours
Location of work:
350 S. Broadway & in community | Wichita, KS
Provide goal-directed, medically necessary case management services and support to children with severe and persistent mental illness.
Essential Job Functions:
Service Provision Case Management Services
• Case management using identified and accepted methods to remediate symptoms of mental illness and/or improve emotional and functional well-being • Conduct risk assessments as needed to address safety of clients
• Prepare Treatment Plan including client and family participation on cases where needed • Collaborate in review, updates and progress on goals with Treatment Plan coordinator or other members of the treatment team • Meet with client to complete strengths assessment, discuss treatment goals and available services
• Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed treatment and client response to treatment within prescribed timelines • Complete Notes for Record, Precautions statements and authorizations for release of records as required and/or recommended • Enters no show and cancellations for accuracy and completeness of medical record • Enter AIMS data as needed
General Administrative Duties • Participate in multidisciplinary or peer team meetings to improve treatment and develop intervention strategies as needed • Attend staff meetings and individual/group supervision • Travel to and from sites in personal transportation • Identify and attend continuing education/training to enhance or expand practice and implement best practices related to the employee's area of practice within COMCARE • Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others
• Bachelor’s degree or be equivalently qualified by work experience or a combination of work experience in the human services field and education, with one year of experience substituting for one year of education. • If no degree is present applicant may substitute each one year of experience for one year of education. • Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy. Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens. Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
• Background checks, including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry • Motor Vehicle Check • Pre-employment Drug Screen
• Possess basic or intermediate computer skills: able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record. • Must have reliable transportation.
• The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside
• May work in adverse conditions
• Fast-paced environment and may occasionally work with combative emotional consumers.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
11/28/2017 12:00:00 AM
12/28/2017 11:59:59 PM