To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Administrative Resource Center
Job Title: Assistant County Administrator/Director of Finance
Possible Advancement Opportunity Available
SALARY RANGE: $58,616.06 - $89,830.83 Depending On Qualifications
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address email@example.com. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Monitoring and analyzing the revenues and expenditures of the County for budgetary, statutory and policy compliance; development and administration of the County’s risk management program; monitoring and projecting future revenues, expenditures and cash position; assisting with budget preparation and administration; managing the county Capital Improvement Program; identify operational efficiencies and cost alternatives; work with staff to comply with the County’s purchasing policies and procedures; oversee the execution of contracts, and inter-local agreements; research and carry out special projects; and assume the County Administrator’s duties in her/his absence. The preferred education is a Master’s Degree in Public Administration with a minimum graduation from an accredited four year college or university. The candidate should be a strong writer with solid analytical skills. Creativity, self-initiation, and the ability to communicate well are highly desirable. A fundamental understanding of the principles of public administration, particularly public finance and budgeting, is required. Candidates should be able to work under conditions that often include short deadlines, discretion, and difficult decision-making. The ability to provide objective recommendations about resource allocation is vital to success.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university. A master's degree in business or public administration or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in progressive responsibility of financial management and budgeting. A degree in public accounting, finance or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities as listed in the other qualifications.
- Thorough knowledge of governmental budgeting and the principles of organization, management and supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of public administration.
- Thorough knowledge of the structure, functions, operations, policies and procedures of County government and intergovernmental relations.
- Thorough knowledge of research methods and techniques as they apply to governmental operations.
- Ability to provide effective leadership, emphasizing a team concept and coordination in developing solutions, recommending new techniques and supervising Staff procedures.
- Ability to plan and coordinate a diverse number of activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare, present and interpret complex reports such as legal documents, bond issues, policy statements, budgets and manuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County Commissioners, County Department Heads, County employees, City agents and employees, other public officials and the general public.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of personal computers for word processing and spreadsheet analysis.
- Ability to interpret fiscal trends to develop and manage the budget.
- Maintains professional standards of ethics and integrity.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license.
For additional questions or a complete job description contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
11/29/2017 12:00:00 AM
1/7/2018 11:59:59 PM