To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Newton
Job Title: Waterworks Maintenance Worker II/III
The City of Newton is hiring a Waterworks Maintenance Worker II or III depending on the level of experience and certifications obtained at the time of hire. Under the supervision of the Utility Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker II/III performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in repairing and maintenance of the water and wastewater facilities. The employee in this position repairs water and sewer lines, installs new sewer service, reads water meters and maintains meters and meter boxes. Duties follow prescribed policies and procedures. This position is subject to on-call rotation.
Maintenance Worker II-Grade 9; Non-exempt $14.88 to $20.14 per hour
- Must have a valid CDL with airbrake and tanker endorsement within one year of employment.
- Must obtain a minimum of a Class 1 certification in water or wastewater within one year of hire.
Maintenance Worker III-Grade 10; Non-exempt; $16.42 to $22.22 per hour
- Must have a valid CDL with airbrake and tanker endorsement.
- Must have a minimum of a Class 1 certification in water or wastewater.
- Six months to one year of water or wastewater experience preferred.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Residency Requirement: Must live within 20 miles of intersection of First and Main streets.
The City of Newton offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits including health insurance plan, life insurance plans, paid vacation, sick leave, and 10.5 holidays. Applications accepted until filled.
A full job description is available at www.newtonkansas.com
The City of Newton is an EEO/ADAA employer
W. MWII 2017
12/6/2017 12:00:00 AM