To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Lyon County
Division: Highway Department
Job Title: Road Supervisor
Salary: $46000.00 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Lyon County after applying.
Come explore the endless opportunities in an environment where we support you and your professional success.
As a Lyon County Road Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising, planning and reviewing the work of 50± employees engaged in the construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of local roads, bridges, culverts and other public works projects. This position will involve occasional responding to call outs at all hours during nights and weekends and coordinating crews to assist. The Road Supervisor requires a high level of problem solving, decision making, supervisory and people skills to effectively and efficiently address public concerns. Solid base pay (ranging from $46,000.00 to $56,000.00) and benefits including, paid time off (accounts credited at 10 hours vacation and 8 hours sick per month worked), vendor discounts, health, dental and vision insurance and much more! We equip and promote exceptional employees!
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance equipment.
- Five years of experience in public works maintenance, construction, and repair projects is desirable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience and knowledge of proper techniques used to improve and maintain gravel, dirt and paved roads required.
- Knowledge of snow and Ice removal necessary.
- Must be capable of training and motivating employees to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Must possess a Kansas Commercial Driver’s License (Class A desirable) and must pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, a work screen that measures various physical abilities and drug screening.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
Serious applicants only need apply. Position open until filled.
Application and job description may be obtained at the Human Resources Department or online at HRePartners.com or at www.lyoncounty.org. Position opened until filled.
Lyon County EOE | Women | Minorities | Disabled | Veteran
E.O.E. – LYON COUNTY strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our position openings.
Disclaimer: The above information on this announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employee assigned to this job.
12/7/2017 12:00:00 AM
12/31/2017 11:59:59 PM