To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Independence
Job Title: City Treasure
Salary: $15.71 Hourly
The City of Independence Kansas is accepting applications for the position of City Treasure. This is a full-time position.
Description of Work: Under supervision, receives, has custody, and maintains proper control of all deposited funds and negotiable securities of the city.
- Secures and invests city idle funds
- Dispenses and records city funds as legally required
- Assists administration and other departments with clerical work, municipal financial advice and support on financial matters
- Assists with and updates financial processes related to the general ledger
- Serves as back up for clerical staff in the City Clerk’s office and Municipal Court
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: Knowledge of modern office practices, office and financial software, accounting, and billing principles Ability to accurately carry out simple arithmetic procedures Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, officials, and the public. Accounting experience and Bachelor degree preferred.
Physical Requirements: Light physical effort is required. Individual must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift, carry, push, pull, kneel, reach, grasp, speak, and listen for extended periods of time. Working Conditions: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
If you have questions please contact Mike Borovetz at 620.332.2500
Link to City Application: http://www.independenceks.gov/FormCenter/Job-Application-6/Job-Application-46
The City of Independence is an Equal Opportunity Employer
12/13/2017 12:00:00 AM