To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Academics/Career & Tech Ed/Aviation
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Composites
The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or clinical and computer laboratory instruction at various College locations. Teaching assignments will include between 1-9 credit hours of courses in the field. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator, program lead or designee prior to instruction
- Maintains a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulates enthusiasm for those subjects.
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Teaches all classes according to an approved course syllabus, ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled. Holds the final exam at the time scheduled unless permission to deviate has been approved by the department Dean.
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with the Dean, Aviation Technologies if and as requested; and, maintains close communication regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates Degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college (In exceptional cases, extensive, documented, industry experience may be used for initial employment. Adjunct Faculty must develop and pursue a professional development plan to include completion of an Associate Degree). Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years, or the equivalent of three years, full-time work experience in the field required.
- Extensive experience with the following:
- Composite Fabrication
- Composite Repair
- Maintain professional licensure or certification that meets educational and occupational requirements of external accrediting agencies.
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Ability to communicate with employees, management, other areas of the organization, in person, on the phone and by written communications in a clear straight-forward and professional manner.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the immediate instructional area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Data entry/typing is required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
12/14/2017 12:00:00 AM