To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Registered Dietician
Salary: $38440.48 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday – Friday, 8a – 5p
Location of work:
271 W. 3rd St. N., Suite 500
Provide direct services to participants in the diabetes education program(s). The dietitians provide diabetes education, nutrition education, community referrals, one on one education and support primarily for adults 55+. The Dietician is responsible for determining the client’s program eligibility for Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME), Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) and Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) through the established program guidelines (set by AADE, CDC and CMS). The registered dietitian will lead educational programming and work with the Diabetes Program Coordinator and support staff to collect and submit necessary data for billing. Dietician will coordinate and schedules classes to meet clientele needs and grow the three diabetes programs. The Dietician will perform outreach to cultivate partnerships to expand referrals from health care professionals. He/she will offer follow-up education for eligible clients and minimal community education for senior groups/senior centers. This position will also consult with staff in Aging to assist with client nutrition or diabetes concerns or address educational needs for both clients and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Program oversight for the diabetes education programs(s): Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME), Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) and Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT).
- Perform outreach to healthcare professionals and community agencies to promote programs
- Oversee education schedule/curriculum to ensure all requirements are met by the accrediting body (AADE) or other oversight agencies (CDC, CMS)
- Provides direct education services related to diabetes education including DMSE programming in designated locations to targeted population (adults 55+)
- Provide direct education services to promote diabetes prevention through the DPP program for either Sedgwick County Employees or other employers, interested clients or groups that meet eligibility criteria and maintain the evidence based requirements to ensure the agency fully meets CDC standards.
- Provide direct education services to promote nutrition education through Medical Nutrition Therapy to eligible clients in the home or in the office to educate client on with diabetes/nutrition.
- Promote health and wellness in the community by attending appropriate meetings, participating in fairs, serving on committees or partnering on special projects.
- Health promotion and disease prevention to community groups and increase referrals to the three Diabetes programs managed.
- Schedule classes and appointments to meet requirements
- Monitor the programs’ continuing quality improvement (CQI) to meet requirements and enhance programming/outreach efforts.
- Ensure necessary data (client data, case notes, Medicare billing data… is collected and data entered as appropriate to meet current requirements.
- Work with support staff and billing staff to ensure that all necessary paperwork and documentation is accurate and meets Medicare billing standards.
- Ensure required CEUs are completed annually to meet AADE standards.
- Special projects including assisting with staff/client consultation and education as needed, Home Care Connect, OAA IIIC1 and C-2 nutrition programs or other special projects/consulting opportunities as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Nutrition or related Science and completes a dietetic route accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of nutrition/diabetes education, aging. Licensed in the State of Kansas: Registered by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Valid State of Kansas driver s license and proof of automobile insurance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Nutrition or related Science. Ideal candidate will have: Four (4) years’ or greater of work experience in the aging field for an Area Agency on Aging with knowledge of AADE standardized DSME curriculum. Knowledge of CDC Diabetes Prevention Program, experience providing Medical Nutrition Therapy and experience with Medicare billing. Certified Diabetic Educator (CDE) by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). CPR and First Aid Certified. Bilingual skills a plus.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI. • Motor Vehicle Report. • Pre-employment urine drug screen.
Office: Personal Computer, Vehicle, Copier/Fax/Scanner, Multi-line Phone, Printer.
• Work is conducted 70% in the field. The employee is subject to both environmental/weather conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
12/20/2017 12:00:00 AM
2/3/2018 11:59:59 PM