Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Licensed Addiction Counselor | Addiction Treatment Services
Salary: $15.20 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Location of work:
940 N Waco
Provide goal-directed, client-centered, medically necessary group/individual therapy to adults with mental health and/or substance use problems in an Outpatient Services therapy clinic in order to improve the quality of life and ability to function more successfully in the community. Computer documentation of all services in a timely manner is required.
Essential Job Functions:
Service Provision Therapy and Evaluation Services
• Individual and group therapy using identified and accepted methods to remediate symptoms of substance use disorders to improve emotional and functional well-being
• Intake/assessment to include history, presenting problems and substance use diagnoses using DSM-V criteria
• Conduct risk assessments as needed to address safety of clients
• Initiates outreach to increase engagement
• Prepare quality treatment plans in collaboration with client and/or guardian, additional treatment team and community partners.
• Facilitate treatment plan review, addressing updates and progress on goals with client, treatment plan coordinator or other members of the treatment team.
• Complete DLA-20.
• Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed therapy and client response to treatment within prescribed timelines.
• Complete Notes for Record, precautions, authorization for release of records, releases of information, safety documents and other documentation as required and/or recommended within established deadlines.
• Enters no show and cancellations for accuracy and completeness of medical record.
General Administrative Duties
• Respond to Utilization Review staff feedback forms and make corrections as needed.
• Participate in multidisciplinary or peer team meetings to improve treatment and develop intervention strategies as needed.
• Enter AIMS data as needed.
• Completes discharge summary when closing to counseling services.
• Completes court reports or treatment summaries within required timelines as set by the entity requesting these documents.
• Attend staff meetings. • Perform other duties as assigned within the agency.
• Travel to and from program sites in personal transportation.
• Maintain licensure as required by Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board and Social and rehabilitation Services to provide therapy in a Community Mental Health Center.
• Cooperate with credentialing activities related to COMCARE, the CMHCs Association, and/or the BSRB.
• Identify and attend continuing education/training to enhance or expand clinical practice and implement best practices related to the employee’s area of practice within COMCARE.
• Participate in individual supervision.
• Supervise practicum students when assigned.
• Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and years of relative experience. Must be licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LAC (Preferred: LCAC). Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy. Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens. Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
• Pass background checks including by not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry • Motor vehicle screens • Urine drug screen
• Complex electronic medical record. • Basic understanding of computers to include Outlook and Word. • Basic office equipment.
• Office based, some work may be required at other program locations or in the community as requested.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
12/29/2017 12:00:00 AM
1/29/2018 11:59:59 PM