Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: County Manager
Job Title: Corporate Communications Manager
Salary: $0 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
Location of work:
Main Courthouse, 525 N Main
Plans, develops, and organizes the communication program that contributes to the integration of employees, fosters a feeling of belonging to the organization, creates a healthy work environment and increases the efficiency of the organization. Serves as the central point of contact for communications including information management and employee community engagement. Provides guidance to the Public Information Officers and county departments. Exists to inform and educate the community on the vast array of county services. Oversees the Public Information Office and Corporate Communications staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Manages the Communications team to ensure that communications across the organization are well coordinated, effective and responsive to the diverse information needs of the public.
• Employs a variety of ways and means to communicate, and provide information in multiple formats to accommodate diverse needs, and to develop trust on various high profile and politically sensitive issues.
• Ensures all departments of Sedgwick County Government work collaboratively to achieve coherent and effective communications.
• Ensures the County's website is well managed in coordination with the webmaster; this includes updating content and applications.
• Assures consistency with County brand support across organization, while providing design, photography, and video support/production of communication strategies.
Responsible for coordinating County representation at public events and promoting a positive County image to the community.
• Coordinates county representation at yearly community fairs, festivals, and parades. Charged with organizing the County's participation in community fundraisers.
• Responsible for drafting speeches or talking points for Commissioners, the County Manager, and other elected officials upon request.
• Continually works to inform and educate the community on the vast array of county services.
• Responsible for planning, logistics and success of various meetings and functions that bring elected officials together to discuss pertinent issues or other County-sponsored events.
• Researches opportunities for enhanced community engagement and involvement in Sedgwick County issues. Promotes opportunities for citizens to participate in government boards, committees, etc.
Oversees various complicated, difficult and politically sensitive projects, and establishes methods, plans and coordinates meetings for involving stakeholders.
• Serves as part of the Crisis Communication team and is the central point of contact for internal/corporate communications including information management and employee/community engagement.
• When the Emergency Operations Center is activated, the Corporate Communications manager will work with internal stakeholders to provide information to the public via social media.
• Oversees the Communications Intern.
• Serves as part of the County Management Team, Budget Team, and other internal working groups.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Communications, Public Administration or a related field. Master's preferred. 3 to 5 years in high profile administrative work or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. 5 or more years experience preferred.
Standard office equipment not limited to computers, Adobe products, Microsoft Office suite, copiers, fax, multi-line phones.
Office environment. Some exposure to weather, etc. due to the necessity to travel to County events and facilities.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
12/29/2017 12:00:00 AM
1/29/2018 11:59:59 PM