To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Geary County
Job Title: Information Technology Technician
Salary: $19.38 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Information Technology Technician
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 21 ($19.38/hr)
Reports To: Undersheriff
Department: Sheriff Date: January 2018
The job duties of the Information Technology Technician include but are not limited to support and respond to Help Desk requests from the Geary County Sheriff Department; to configure, install, and support personal computers throughout the County facilities; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Information Technology Technician might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Information Technology Technician. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Provides initial response to Help Desk calls and requests, prioritizing and resolving problems independently. Assists with first level troubleshooting. Prioritizes requests and responds appropriately. Escalates difficult problems, as necessary, for assistance and guidance. Provides end-user assistance and training.
- Configures, installs, maintains, and supports personal computer, peripherals and software applications. Receive, unpack, and inspect equipment deliveries and maintains appropriate inventories. Performs initial hardware setup. Strictly adheres to system security operating standards. Tracks and evaluates the utilization of our software. Provide technical expertise and training on new and existing software implementations, this may include coordinating training with outside vendors at times. Participate in department meetings to ensure full understanding of current and future needs. Listen to end-users, facilitate user group meetings to enhance the knowledge sharing between users.
- Diagnoses and resolves operational problems. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves user hardware and software problems. Performs or requests hardware maintenance for computer and all attached equipment. Receives and coordinates the installation of software releases and enhancements for county computerized applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with minimum of three (3) years of experience in application development and implementation or Associate’s Degree in Information Technology with five (5) years recent network operations, application development and implementation.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and activities of County as they pertain to the performance of duties relating to the job of IT Coordinator/Help Desk.
- Knowledge of documentation standards and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to effectively prioritize tasks, identify problems, and propose alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of backup hardware, software and emergency procedures and planning.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people including departmental staff, supervisors, department heads, elected officials, contractors, vendors, Geary County employees, and technical peers.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local ordinances, procedure manuals, codes, SDS sheets, safety manuals; and warning labels.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to develop, interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, SDS sheets, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, etc; and warning labels.
- Ability to apply algebraic and trigonometric formulas.
- Ability to interpret inferential statistical reports.
- Ability to interpret formulation and equation data.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 50+ pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above, and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
1/3/2018 12:00:00 AM