To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Public Health Performance Manager
Salary: $54082.08 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday
Location of work:
1900 E. 9th
Provides overall direction, coordination and management of the Public Health Performance Program which includes the following program areas: Community Health Advocates, Community Health Assessment, Community Health Improvement Planning, Division of Health Strategic Planning and Performance Management, Program Evaluation, Public Health Research, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Development. The position leads agency performance management and strategic planning and agency alignment with public health standards and maintenance. The position leads and assists in the planning and implementation of studies and the collection and analysis of public health data to improve the health of the community.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage the Public Health Performance Program, ensuring accountability for staff performance, growth, effectiveness and efficiency.
- - Supervise and evaluate program staff.
- - Ensure standardized methods are used to obtain program data and data is reviewed prior to submission to Health Director. Provide accurate data to Health Director.
- - Manage program budget and grants and provide guidance on program expenditures.
- - Research and coordinate grant opportunities to assist programs as needed.
Ensure Public Health Performance Program objectives are met.
- - Develop and monitor program measures for all program areas.
- - Oversee Community Health Advocates, Community Health Assessment, Community Health Improvement Planning, Quality Improvement and Workforce Development.
- - Lead performance management and strategic planning efforts for Division of Health.
- - Lead agency alignment with and tracking of public health standards that contribute to a high performing health department
- - Ensure accurate tracking of health data related to non-communicable disease
- - Evaluate and/or assist with evaluating internal health department programs
- - Lead and assist in planning and implementing studies and collecting and analyzing public health data to improve the health of the community.
Collaborate and communicate with community partners.
- - Convene and facilitate Community Clinic Health Coalition meetings
- - Actively participate in meetings and projects with internal and external health partners.
- - Communicate health information and the work of Sedgwick County Division of Health to health partners and the public by giving presentations, writing educational documents, and providing media interviews.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Seek opportunities to strengthen collaborative process within the community.
• Employees who are required to wear respirators in emergency situations for emergency response will be enrolled in the respiratory protection program that includes annual fit testing and medical evaluation.
• This is a Tier 3 position, which requires a minimum completion of IS 100, 200, 700, and 800 within 30 days of employment. Additional ICS trainings may be required.
• Maintains Sedgwick County Level 3 driver qualifications.
• Serves on national and state work groups or user groups related to program areas.
Master’s degree in public health, biological, medical, health science or related public service field. Three years of experience in leadership role in public health or related field. One year of experience in planning and developing programs and working with community partners. One year of experience or training in data management and/or data analysis. Equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications: Doctorate in public health or related field. Three years of experience in program evaluation, coalition building, facilitation and research. Two years of experience or training in data management and/or data analysis. Equivalent combination of experience and training will be considered.
• Background checks • Motor Vehicle check • Pre-employment drug test
• Copier, fax, computer, telephone
Primary Cost Center IO:
38001-274 – 100% (380016-18)
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
1/4/2018 12:00:00 AM
2/4/2018 11:59:59 PM