To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Van Driver
Salary: $11.90 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday, 8a - 5p
Location of work:
271 W. 3rd St. N., Suite 500
Provide ramp and/or lift accessible passenger transportation in a safe, professional and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
• Transport passenger from origin to destination o Drive specialized vehicle(s) o Drive vehicle(s) in a safe manner o Comply with traffic laws and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
• DOT Compliance and Reporting o Fare collection and logging o Pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and documentation o Vehicle up-keep (clean interior and exterior) o Documentation and recordkeeping of time, ridership and others as required
• Customer Service o Ensuring passenger safety o Secure mobility devices and medical equipment and carry-ons o Positive communication
Minimum qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. Two (2) years commercial driving or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience using navigation equipment such as GPS devise used in automobiles. Valid State of Kansas CDL Driver’s License with A or B passenger endorsement, and proof of automobile insurance. Valid Dept. of Transportation (DOT) physical exam medical card qualifying individual to drive a commercial vehicle.
Preferred qualifications: Three (3) years commercial driving or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience using navigation equipment such as tablet with GPS software and auto vehicle (AV) locator for route and scheduling updates. Bilingual skills a plus.
• DMV & KBI background checks.
• Pre-employment drug screen.
• Vehicle: Mini-buses with wheelchair lifts and ramp accessible vehicle.
• Office: Personal Computer, Vehicle Tablet, Copier/Fax/Scanner, Multi-line Phone, Printer.
• Maintenance: Wash Bins, Fueling Pumps, Vacuum, Broom, Cleaning Supplies.
• Work is conducted in the field. The employee is subject to both environmental/weather conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
• The employee is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of conditions, such as hazards of road, traffic physical conditions (pests/blood-borne pathogens) use of chemicals to clean vehicle.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
1/5/2018 12:00:00 AM
2/5/2018 11:59:59 PM