Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Psychiatric Registered Nurse
Salary: $40347.84 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
M - F, 8a - 5p
Location of work:
1919 N Amidon
Provide direct and indirect services to patients. Respond to patient inquiries/issues by telephone and communicate with medical provider. Document verbal orders from medical provider. Document all patient interactions. Communicate with lab, pharmacies, and other health care providers. Provide medication for patients through pharmacy refills, samples, PAP, or other means. Provide direct services to patients through refill appointments, vital signs, provider referral, or urgent care needs. Assist medical providers in patient care or coordination. Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Essential Job Functions:
Assess and triage telephone patient telephone calls and drop in visits or appointments from patients of assigned medical providers for psychiatric and medical issues
• Monitor signs and symptoms of mental illness
• Monitor and encourage medication compliance
• Monitor and assess for efficacy of prescribed medications
• Monitor and assess for side effects of prescribed medications
• Assess needs and communicate with medical provider
• Provide education to patients regarding medications, mental health issues or other medical questions
• Attend refill appointments (NSNAP) for assigned patients, as needed
• Monitor vital signs, as needed
• Provide crisis management, as needed
Document in the EHR all patient interactions and activities.
• Document all telephone calls with patients, including response to patient issue
• Document interaction/directions with medical provider or other staff members
• Document all refills in EHR and in electronic prescribing system
• Document all samples, PAP, vouchers and other medications provided to patients
• Document all contact regarding patient from outside entities
Coordinate patient care
• Work medical provider orders as directed
• Order/Enter lab and give patient instructions
• Contact with pharmacies to coordinate or ascertain appropriateness of refills
• Utilize electronic prescribing system, or other means, to refill medication
• Coordinate care with outside agencies: group homes, substance abuse treatment centers, nursing homes, medical offices, hospitals, etc.
• Enter discharge orders into the EHR
• Provide medication, as needed, for hospital discharges
• Communicate, as needed, with family members, case managers, therapists, or other care partners
• Participate in clinical staffing; maintain Kansas license; earn continuing education units per license; provide coverage for other staff members; all other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. 1-2 years of experience. Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas. Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy. Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, SRS child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens. Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE. Preferred qualifications: BSN, and 1-2 years of work in the mental health or substance use treatment fields. RN licensure.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry • Motor vehicle screens • Urine drug screen
Candidates must have basic computer or intermediate skills in word processing and email software, must be able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record.
Outpatient clinic setting
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
1/9/2018 12:00:00 AM
2/9/2018 11:59:59 PM