To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Assistant Track & Field Coach
Strong emphasis on recruiting student athletes for all competition within track and field and cross country. Analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in competitive strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition; observes and motivates players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement. Strong background coaching in the areas of multi events and multi event athletes. Assist in scheduling practice and competitions to include travel logistics as well as trip itinerary. Responsible for coordinating with head coach in preparing and executing an annual budget to include recruiting, travel, equipment, and athletic gear.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serves as assistant to head coach analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition; observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement; and coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts.
- Responsible for having an understanding of conference, region, and national rules
- Teach courses as assigned.
1. To understand the rules and regulations of National Athletic associations.
2. To adhere to community life. National and State Athletic Association standards.
3. To demonstrate leadership on our campus through athletics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience: Two years to five year of similar or related experience. Background in coaching or competing at the collegiate level.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree. Master's Preferred
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: BS degree in physical education or related field preferred plus 4-5 years' experience with college-level program or as a high school head coach. Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Three years recruiting experience preferred, as is experience in an academic discipline or higher education. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in professional manner required. Computer proficiency necessary (Microsoft Office preferred).
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates (Requested before job offered)
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
ATC -- 01092018
1/9/2018 12:00:00 AM