To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: IT/FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab
Job Title: Coordinator, FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab (*INTERNAL POSTING/OPEN TO CURRENT WATC EMPLOYEES ONLY)
Salary: $39520.00 Annually
The Coordinator position will be primarily responsible for instruction of participants (middle/high school and adult GED students) interacting with the Mobile Learning Lab while travelling. Instruction will focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) subjects as they relate to high demand career paths. Duties will also include scheduling and transporting the lab to locations across the State of Kansas to generate interest in STEM-based professions and the education opportunities that exist for those professions. Additional functions will include assisting with lab maintenance and upgrades to ensure operational success. This position will have a support role for all activities related to the lab as directed by the Manager of the FutureMaker Mobile Learning lab.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Informal instruction in the mobile lab and/or classroom setting.
- Assists in the development of interdisciplinary STEM activities and lab curriculum through hands-on virtual reality and actual experiences.
- Coordinates the scheduling, transportation and onsite logistics of the mobile lab as directed by the lab manager.
- Safely transports the lab and all equipment to partner locations in a timely and courteous manner.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and procedures particular to the equipment, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Maintains the mobile lab vehicles and inventory to include the security, maintenance, and overall appearance of the FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab and contents.
- Works with the marketing department to create and maintain a presence on common social media platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the lab manager, where required.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Degree preferred in a field related to the position, (e.g. Mathematics, Science, Technology, and Engineering). In absence of a Bachelor’s degree, a combination of education, training, and experience related to the position may be considered.
- Current, unrestricted, Kansas driver’s license required. CDL preferred, but will train the right candidate at employer’s expense, employee will be required to successfully obtain a CDL within 6 months of hire into the position. The Mobile Lab is a 58 foot pickup truck/trailer combination vehicle, therefore, the applicant must be able to meet Department of Transportation physical requirements for driving a combination commercial vehicle upon hire.
- Multilingual fluency, preferred.
- Basic user skills are required with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel. Comfort with Windows based machines required.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule as required by the program, including some early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize workflow, work well with minimum supervision, and accept responsibility for total task completion.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to maintain accurate reports and other records.
- Ability to work closely with a team to achieve common goals enthusiastically.
- Effective time management skills - including the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner and to prudently prioritize tasks, projects and goals.
- Ability to create and maintain active social media presence to include all common platforms.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information as needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation and service to the community.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Be receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate and timely notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered.
- Be flexible in work schedule. Travel will be required up to 40% of the time (including overnight stays).
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to navigate interstate travel legally, safely and efficiently.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others, and openly communicate progress to supervisors.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities on an annual basis to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students, prospective students and community partners. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Work hours can vary week-to-week to accommodate school visits, festivals, and events, including early mornings, evenings, or weekend hours. Long periods of sitting and/or standing are required. Extended periods of typing/data entry can be expected occasionally. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. This position requires adherence to general safety precautions on a routine basis. Exposure to all weather conditions and fluctuations of temperature on a regular basis should be expected. Lifting of up to 60 pounds during a regular shift may be necessary.
1/10/2018 12:00:00 AM