To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Financial Aid Counselor
To receive full consideration, apply online at www.prattcc.edu.
General Description and Purpose
Assists the Financial Aid Director in administering the work study programs, scholarship programs, the loan programs, counseling, and federal grant programs including Pell.
1. Financial Aid Counseling
a. Sources of student financial assistance
b. Institutional eligibility and certification
c. General student eligibility requirements
d. Cost of attendance components
e. Current need analysis procedures
f. Award package components
h. General financial aid counseling with parents, students, staff and faculty
2. Manage Work-Study Program
a. Verify eligibility
b. Maintain student files
c. Process time sheets
d. Maintain computerized records
e. Reconcile records to general ledger accounts
f. Act as liaison for cooperative work study positions in community
g. Manage work-study reading tutoring positions
h. Reports as required
3. Assist with Management of Scholarship Program
a. Assist in coordinating annual application process
b. Process and maintain Letters of Intent
c. Assist in updating scholarship brochures
d. Coordinate scholarships with other FA programs
e. Coordinate scholarship program with other departments
f. Verify eligibility
g. Maintain listings of outside scholarships
h. Reports as required
4. Assist with Management of Student Loan Programs
a. Prepare and disseminate consumer information
b. Coordinate entrance/ exit Interviews
c. Liaison between FA and external loan participants
d. Verify student eligibility
e. Process need analysis for loan recipients
f. Maintain accurate loan check documentation
g. Oversee default communications
h. Maintain student files
i. Maintain computerized record-keeping
j. Reports as required
5. Assist with Day-to-Day Office Administration
f. purchase order generation
g. receptionist duties
h. other duties as assigned
6. Train as back-up for other office personnel to fill in as needed
7. Responsible for implementation, training and on-going support of Powerfaids, as directed.
8. Provide support for all areas of financial aid in the director’s absence.
Supervises the Following Staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
1. Must be able to cooperate and work well with other FA staff members and director, as well as the PCC staff and faculty, and diverse student population.
2. Must be able to handle students and staff in a positive, helpful manner under all circumstances.
3. Must be self-motivated.
4. Must have general office skills
a. Data entry
d. Positive and effective communications
5. Must be able to cope with multiple interruptions.
6. Must possess the ability to keep FA information confidential within the FA office.
7. Must be organized.
1. One year human relations experience required.
2. One year accounting experience required.
3. Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint required.
4. Experience working with multiple interruptions.
5. One year experience with computerized account systems required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
2. College level coursework in Accounting required.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
1/12/2018 12:00:00 AM