To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Job Title: Airport Manager
Airport Manager (Hourly Non-Exempt)
$17.16-$25.39 DOQ. A full fringe benefit package will be offered including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement, and wellness initiatives. ADA/EEO. Drug screening, background check, and physical with conditional offer of employment.
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and supervision of the airport. Also provides support, direction, and guidance in all airport issues.
Behavioral Competencies: Public Relations, Professionalism, Results Oriented, Collaboration, Knowledge of Work, Communication, Accountability, and Coachability
- Assists with the preparation of airport budget.
- Directs and Coordinates service function of airport, including maintenance of buildings and property.
- Inspects airport equipment regularly and recommends repair, replacement, and upgrading of equipment as necessary.
- Reviews all security measures and procedures and recommends necessary revision.
- Enforces policies of Airport handbook. Recommends changes to handbook as needed.
- Assists and makes recommendations with regards to the Airport Master Plan, and Capital Improvements projects.
- Serves as staff representative to the Airport Advisory Board.
- Represents City and Airport at state, regional, and national organizations and meetings.
- Communicates regularly with the Public Works Director in writing and orally on matters concerning the airport.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in airport administration required (Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred)
- Valid Kansas Driver’s Licenses
- Three years of experience in airport administration
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Moderate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems and exercise judgement with little supervision
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Office duties performed in a well-lit climate controlled environment.
Outdoor activities have above average exposure to:
- Weather and temperature extremes
- Work safety hazards including below grade and cramped work sites
- Overtime and extended hours
- Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, loud noises, electrical shock and darkness
Applications will be accepted through the Kansas Workforce Center by mail, walk-in, or email.
1/12/2018 12:00:00 AM