To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Newton
Job Title: Wastewater Plant Operator Trainee/Operator I
The City of Newton is hiring a Wastewater Plant Operator Trainee or Operator I depending on the level of experience and certifications obtained at the time of hire. Under the supervision of the Wastewater Plant Supervisor, the Wastewater Plant Operator I performs semi-skilled labor in the maintenance and operation of the plant facilities. This employee handles the day-to-day operation of the wastewater systems for the city, including checking equipment for proper operation and making repairs when needed. Employee is subject to on-call rotation.
Wastewater Plant Operator Trainee, Grade 7, Nonexempt; $13.33 - $18.03 per hour
- Minimum of a valid KS driver’s license with the ability to acquire a Kansas Commercial Class B driver’s license within six months of employment.
- Must be able to obtain a minimum of a Wastewater Treatment Class 1 certification with one year.
- Must have general knowledge of equipment maintenance, electrical processes and mathematics.
Wastewater Plant Operator I, Grade 9; Nonexempt; $14.88 - $20.14 per hour
- Minimum of a Class 1 certification in wastewater with the ability to obtain a Class 3 within one year of employment.
- Six months to one year of related wastewater plant operations experience.
- General knowledge of laboratory testing equipment, maintenance of equipment, and reporting procedures.
- General knowledge of chemicals and gases.
- Ability to operate a sludge truck, pumps, chlorinator, tractors, mowers and related equipment.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Residency: Must live within 20 miles of First and Main Streets or the ability to move within one year.
Upon conditional offer of hire must be able to pass a criminal background, physical and drug/alcohol test.
The City of Newton offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits including an affordable BC/BS health insurance, life insurance plans, paid vacation, sick leave, KPERS retirement and 10.5 holidays.
To view the full job description go to: www.newtonkansas.com
The City of Newton is an EEO/ADAAA employer.
2/15/2018 12:00:00 AM