To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Augusta
Job Title: Lifeguard (Seasonal)
Salary: $0 Hourly
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK
Under supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of the Augusta Municipal Swimming Pool by monitoring activities in swimming area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the pool area; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Enforce rules to prevent injuries
- Keeps bathrooms and basketroom clean and clutter free
- Picks up litter and debris from grounds and parking lots
- Performs swimming lessons, as assigned
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintains a high standard of customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance of varying hours including weekends and holidays is required
- Collect admission fees or passes from patrons
- Stops patrons from rough play in the water or the surrounding area
- May determine and treat chlorine content and pH value of water
- Makes appropriate decisions for proper customer service
- Helps other team members accomplish tasks
- Abides by all standards, conduct and policies, as stated in Employee Handbook
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Education, Licensure, or Certification
- Current certification as Lifeguard by the American Red Cross
- Current First Aid certification
Experience, Specialized Knowledge, and Other Requirements
- Proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
Skills and Abilities – With or without accommodations
- Frequently required to sit, kneel, stand, stoop, reach and manipulate objects
- Attentive to visual and audible cues for recognition and identification of swimmers in distress or in process of unsafe behaviors
- Ability to properly extract victims from the pool to the deck
- Has normal eyesight and depth perception, with or without correction
- Hears normal tones, with or without correction
- Has ability to work within environment described below
- Work under supervision; work cooperatively with other employees
- Effective communication skills and engage positively with the public
The physical and cognitive demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in outside weather conditions, including temperature extremes. The employee may regularly be exposed to hot, sunny conditions. The employee is also regularly exposed to chemicals and other chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1/23/2018 12:00:00 AM