To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: Convention and Visitor Bureau
Job Title: CVB Administrative Assistant
Salary: $12.49 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: CVB Administrative Assistant
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 12 ($12.49/hr)
Reports To: CVB Director
Department: CVB Date: January 2018
The job duties of the CVB Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to provide clerical support, to implement administrative systems, procedures, policies and monitor special projects for all Convention and Visitors Bureau and Geary County; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the CVB Administrative Assistant might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County resolutions for the position of CVB Administrative Assistant. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Assumes full responsibility for the office in the absence of the Executive and Assistant Directors, and as necessary guidance for the Board Chairman.
- Provides Customer Service functions; includes answering telephones, conveying messages, greeting clients and determining need(s), and responding to verbal, written and electronic communications. Provides materials and publications in reference to specific requests concerning special events, attractions, education and relocation information, and demographics of the community.
- Prepares and maintains reports and correspondence.
- Coordinates and executes e-mailing and/or faxing of leads to lodging properties.
- Maintains an accurate and continuous inventory of all materials used or produced to include local, regional and state publications by other agencies or entities, designs filing system and ensures the files are up to date, special projects as assigned, and expedites office supplies and materials as needed.
- Maintains an office budget with the Executive Director’s guidance and approval.
- Assists with bid proposal creation, assembly and dissemination.
- Provides support services as needed at travel shows, fairs, events and other exhibitions attended or hosted by the CVB.
- Provides conference service support for booked conventions, meetings and special events within Geary County; to include the production of name tags, assembly of welcome packets and the delivery of.
- Assists and coordinates mailings, which includes delivery and pick-up, monitors postage usage, maintains and manages CVB client data bases.
- Gathers detailed information and co-authors cooperative monthly calendars to include local, regional and state websites and publications for upcoming events and attractions.
- Assists with the maintenance and updates for the CVB website.
- Prepares and distributes informational materials to Board Members for monthly meetings as directed by the CVB Director.
- Maintains office equipment, supply inventories and monitors usage of materials. Maintains accurate reports of distribution of materials.
- Organizes and utilizes CVB volunteers for the effective completion of the CVB’s obligations for special events and exhibits.
- Continuously promotes the communities, attractions and events within Geary County.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in clerical, administrative or computer experience.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local resolutions and ordinances, procedure manuals, warning labels, etc.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel), etc.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to communicate and convey information regarding policies and processes to others in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintains self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above, and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
1/26/2018 12:00:00 AM