To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Merriam
Division: Parks & Recreation Dept.
Job Title: Fitness Specialist
Salary: $12.43 Hourly
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The City of Merriam Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a part-time Fitness Specialist to perform a variety of duties to include instruction and evaluation of participants in the use of cardiovascular and strength equipment. Hours will vary depending on when client orientations, employee assessments, and instruction for adult fitness class(es) are scheduled. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: meeting with health club members to design individual programs; conducting follow-up visits and monitoring progress of participants; conducting regular fitness testing evaluations; evaluating participants to determine risk factors; inspecting and evaluating condition of weight room equipment; creating and instructing adult level fitness class(es); promoting fitness and health club programs, and other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Certification from National Strength and Conditioning Association, the American Council on Exercise, the National Exercise Trainers Association, or a related organization;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of exercise physiology and strength and conditioning;
- Skill in operation and demonstration of listed tools and equipment;
- Ability to plan, organize and conduct individual and group instruction;
- Knowledge of current trends in exercise programs and equipment;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends;
- Current CPR certification.
Resumes will not be considered unless accompanied by the City's employment application.
Qualified applicants may apply at Merriam City Hall, 9001 W. 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202. Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Applications can be downloaded online at www.merriam.org. Applications may be submitted in person, by mail to: City of Merriam; Attn: Human Resources; 9001 W. 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 913-322-5505. EOE/ADA/Drug Screen.
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or further information is needed, contact Sari Maple, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
1/29/2018 12:00:00 AM
2/28/2018 11:59:59 PM