To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: FutureMaker Mobile STEM Lab Student Worker (Part Time) (WATC/WSU STUDENTS ONLY)
Salary: $8.00 Hourly
The Mobile STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Lab Student worker’s role is to assist in the Lab during High School visits and community events. This person will be responsible for assisting students with the Labs actual and virtual devices and to simulate interest in STEM careers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service to Mobile STEM Lab visitors.
- Assists students with the operation of devices within the Lab.
- Works effectively with all members of the FutureMaker Lab team.
- Participates in the FutureMaker team meetings.
- Actively assists with FutureMaker Mobile STEM Lab setup and pack up.
- Presents a professional image to the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Currently enrolled or recent (less than two years) WATC or WSU student.
- Enrolled in or completed college level technical coursework.
- Good communication skills with ability to interact well with a diverse campus population.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel between campuses and within region as job requires.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, noisy, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Regular attendance will be required to meet the needs of the College. Long periods of sitting or riding in a vehicle may be required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to manipulate and demonstrate equipment within the Lab. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties. Lifting up to sixty pounds may be required on a regular basis as well as pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and climbing stairs.
2/1/2018 12:00:00 AM