To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: FutureMaker Mobile Science, Tech, Engineering & Math (STEM) Lab Assistant (Part Time)
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties will be modified as needed; work assignments and schedule are based on the needs of the college.
The Mobile Science, Technology, Engineering Math (STEM) Lab Assistant’s role is to support the FutureMaker Mobile STEM Lab during High School visits and community events. This person will be responsible for passionately assisting students with FutureMaker’s devices that simulate STEM careers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service to Mobile STEM Lab visitors.
- Assists students with the operation of devices simulating STEM careers.
- Works effectively with the FutureMaker team.
- Participates in the FutureMaker team meetings.
- Actively assists with FutureMaker Mobile STEM Lab setup and pack up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- High School Graduate required, some college preferred.
- Able to communicate and engage with passion.
- Present’s a professional image to the public.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel between campuses and within region as job requires.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- The FutureMaker is a community and events functioning service. Employee schedules are adapted on an event and college needs basis.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance may be required to meet the needs of the College. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate departmental needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting may be required. Extensive data entry/typing may be required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties. Lifting up to sixty pounds may be required on a regular basis.
2/1/2018 12:00:00 AM