To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: Technology Support Specialist/Events (WATC Internal Employees Only)
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Job Summary Position Description: Technology Support Specialist I-Events:
The Technology Support 1/Events Specialist’s role is to support and maintain computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This person will be responsible for installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware, software and peripheral equipment while ensuring optimal computing performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service to Faculty, Students and WATC Staff.
- Provides excellent customer service to visitors to include events and STEM labs.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Actively informs fellow technology specialists of critical issues while providing status reports through the IT Ticketing System.
- Participates in the IT Services team meetings.
- Actively assists with IT upgrade projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
- CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Course completion or CompTIA A+ Certifications
- CompTIA N+ Course enrollment/completion or N+ Certificate.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of modern computers is required.
- Knowledge of software installation, computer imaging and deployment.
- Ability to identify user needs and provide technical solutions.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel between campuses and within region as job requires.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities on an annual basis to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of the College. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate departmental needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting will be required. Extensive data entry/typing required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties. Providing on-call support will be part of weekly tasks. Lifting up to sixty pounds may be required on a regular basis.
2/1/2018 12:00:00 AM