To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Lyon County
Division: Highway Department
Job Title: Assistant Bridge Foreman
Salary: $19.75 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Lyon County after applying.
Come explore the endless opportunities in an environment where we support you and your professional success.
As the Lyon County Bridge Foreman, you will be responsible for the supervising, daily planning and inspecting the work of 4+ employees engaged in the construction, maintenance and repair of bridges and RCB culverts in Lyon County. Must be capable of running a lattice boom crawler crane in a safe and efficient manner. Must be willing and capable of working in extreme weather conditions. The Bridge Foreman position requires a high level of problem solving, decision making, supervisory and people skills to effectively and efficiently maintain a high level of Lyon County’s infrastructure. Other duties as assigned. This is a Non-exempt position with a solid base pay of $19.75/Hr) and benefits including, paid time off (accounts credited at 10 hours vacation and 8 hours sick per month worked), vendor discounts, health, dental and vision insurance and much more! We equip and promote exceptional employees!
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical background desirable.
- Crane certification desirable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years progressive experience in public works maintenance, construction and repair projects required. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- Experience and knowledge of proper techniques used to construct, repair and maintain bridges and RCB culverts.
- Must be capable of training and motivating employees to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Must possess, or obtain within 90 days, a Class A Kansas Commercial Driver’s License and must pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, a work screen that measures various physical abilities and drug screening.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
Serious applicants only need apply. Position open until filled.
Application and job description may be obtained at the Human Resources Department or online at HRePartners.com or at www.lyoncounty.org.
Lyon County EOE | Women | Minorities | Disabled | Veteran
E.O.E. – LYON COUNTY strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our position openings.
Disclaimer: The above information on this announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employee assigned to this job.
2/1/2018 12:00:00 AM
2/28/2018 11:59:59 PM