To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: Health Department
Job Title: Medical Front Office Assistant
Salary: $12.49 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Medical Front Office Assistant
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 12 ($12.49/hr.)
Reports To: Accountant
Department: Public Health Date: November 2017
The job duties include but are not limited to providing prompt and professional customer service when clients arrive at the front desk; to determine the purpose of their visit; to assist them with any forms or non-medical questions; performing clerical, clinical including finger sticks, and outreach duties, as well as providing responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Medical Front Office Assistant might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Medical Front Office Assistant. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Answer phone, give information and schedule appointments when necessary.
- Process clients according to accepted state (KDHE) and local policies and procedures.
- Initiate, maintain, and update records.
- Provide necessary forms and instructions to clients.
- Serve clients in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Follow up scheduled appointments according to state and local policies and procedures.
- Obtain a signature for the release of information when the client requests medical records.
- Maintain office supplies and keep work area clean and professional.
- Prepare and process necessary forms for fees for service; collect fees and write a receipt.
- Record daily transactions and enter all data into Electronic Medical Record.
- Receives, opens, sorts, dates, and distributes mail.
- Explain WIC services, benefits, and policies to clients.
- Process and coordinate client phone calls, appointment intake, and check pick up per WIC policies and procedures.
- Answer and communicate phone and verbal messages to other staff members.
- Document client contacts and referrals in KWIC.
- Complete mandated forms and procedures per WIC policies.
- Provide clients with appropriate WIC paperwork and books.
- Obtain accurate height, weight, and lab values.
- Complete appointment confirmations and adjust appointment flow sheet as needed during certification period.
- Assist dietitians in nutrition education activities and outreach.
- Provide breastfeeding promotion and support as appropriate.
- Work with other staff members to monitor weekly 30-day Temporary Client List, No Show and Enrolled Not Participating reports and make phone calls or assist with mailing notices to eligible participants.
- Manage confidential client data base, check paper and client records assuring their security at all times.
- Evaluate client’s immunization status and refer client for immunizations as needed.
- Maintain accurate equipment inventory lists and order supplies as needed.
- Attend assigned coalition meetings as a WIC representative.
- Report any suspicion of domestic violence or child abuse or neglect to supervisor or other administrative staff.
- Perform duties as assigned to maintain outreach events, education, and develop outreach materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of clerical and customer service experience.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local resolutions, procedure manuals, SDS sheets, safety manuals; and warning labels.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to use/learn KWIC (Kansas Women, Infant and Children) software.
- Ability to use Electronic Medical Record software
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to develop, interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, SDS sheets, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, etc, and warning labels.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as read a ruler, weight scale, and lab results.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ __________________________ __________
Supervisor Date Human Resources Director Date
I have reviewed the Job Description for the position of Medical Front Office Assistant. I understand the position requirements described and agree to uphold the requirements to the best of my ability. Any questions I may have in relation to the work required of the position shall be brought to the attention of my supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
2/2/2018 12:00:00 AM